Friday, November 19, 2010

Blue is great when I'm homesick



Today I'm homesick, but a cure is on its way.



I don't miss business suits, long commutes and climbing the corporate ladder.  But I do miss the diversity in business, the arts and people, not to forget the fog. 

The move wasn't all that bad

The Midwestern cost of living has been a God send.  I don't "have to work" to exist and now have the time to creatively breathe. 

We picked up some pretty fun instruments while trying our hand at a co-op gift shop. Learning to play upright and electric bass has been a total blast.  My favorite is still my flute and Gourdalin.  This last year has been great as we've gotten in on some gigs where my jewelry has gotten more exposure (and sales!)

But I still miss the diversity of the San Francisco Bay Area.

Hubby and I have been working on organizing a benefit concert right in the middle of the busy holiday art & craft show season.  Like we weren't busy enough!  It's for a couple of great causes, and thankfully we won't have to freshen up our set and play.

It's a good thing to help others.  It takes the focus off of "us".

But God wired into me the need for some "me" time.  A time where I can be alone and create.  Pour my favorite beverage, put on some good tunes, and spread my supplies all around me and just dive in...for hours!   One thing I have learned is this;  Even though I feel like I could just burst if I don't creatively express myself, I won't.  And when I finally can focus on my creativity, the outcome will be good.  So I have made a decision.

Rest up and dress up

Tomorrow I will dress up in clothes that make me feel creative and special.  And tonight? I will get some much needed rest.  I now have a date with my pillow.

Meet "Blue".
Yes, I've named my pillow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment